Glasses for Women & Men
As a man, buying eyeglasses is not nearly as simple as it sounds. After all, you want to find something that not only fits your face but is also going to show others who you are as a person. Most men consider the following details most important: comfort and durability. Sure, they are also interested in style but they are not willing to give up a high level of comfort in order to look good. Trends that are here to Stay When shopping for glasses, you may want to keep in line with what other men are doing. Fortunately, there are several trends that appear to be here to stay.
- Masculine shapes. From double brow bars to aviator glasses, anything that has a “masculine” shape is not going away anytime in the near future.
- Large is in style, but not the right choice for everybody. There is no denying the fact that large, bold frames are making a comeback. However, this is not the right choice for everybody. You may want to consider another option if you have a smaller face.
- Rimless is cool. Are you looking for a classic appearance that will hold its style for many years to come? How about a lightweight alternative to the many heavier options that is on the market? If so, you should consider a rimless or semi-rimless style.
- Titanium is the “in” thing. Guys love titanium. This material is used in everything from bikes to golf clubs and much more. It has also become a favorite among men who are purchasing eyeglass frames. This is a super lightweight material that comes in a variety of colors. Along with this, it is extremely durable – making it the perfect choice for active guys who are always on the go.
- Plastic can make you look young. Anybody who wants to look and feel young should consider plastic frames. These may not be as durable as metal, but they are lightweight and comfortable. Along with this, plastic frames come in a variety of shapes and colors.
What 2013 Has to Offer
Every year, men are looking for something different. As 2013 continues to wear on, you can expect the following features to be hot, hot, hot.
- Colors are making a comeback. Some of the most common shades for this year include green, red, and blue. Of course, black and brown are always the “safe” choice.
- Tortoise patterns are not just for women. These are a great additional to both plastic and plain metal frames. Many of the top manufacturers in the world are offering this style for men.
- Sportswear. For men on the go and those who like to participate in sports, more frames than ever are available.
Male Celebrities who wear Glasses
You are not the only one wearing glasses. Many of the hottest celebrities of today’s world are putting frames on their face, even if they don’t need them to correct their vision.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- Seth Rogan
- Robert Downey Jr.
- Kanye West
- Chris Brown
- Justin Timberlake
- Justin Bieber
- Johnny Depp
- Ashton Kutcher
- Elijah Wood
Have you noticed the trend in the sports world? More and more athletes are wearing glasses before and after their games. Do all of these professionals actually need to wear glasses? Of course not. That being said, this goes a long way in showing that many guys are beginning to fall in love with this look. As a guy, you have many options when it comes time to buy eyeglasses. No matter if you make a decision on your own or follow the hot trends of 2013, make sure you love the frames before making a purchase.
When buying eyeglass frames, you are going to have a lot on your mind. Like most women, you are probably willing to give up a little bit in terms of comfort and durability to ensure that you have the right style on your face at all times. After all, the glasses that you wear could be the difference between looking good and not “putting on your best face.” You are in luck. The eyeglass industry is taking off. More and more women are interested in wearing glasses, even if they have previously relied on contact lenses.
Trends That Are Here to Stay
If you need a little bit of help, keep the following trends in mind as you begin to shop for eyeglass frames.
- Bright colors are all the rage. There used to be a time when women were only interested in traditional colors. For this reason, manufacturers did not venture far outside the box. However, things have changed over the past few years. In today’s day and age, and moving forward, women are looking for bright colors. From red to blue to green, anything that makes a statement is something that is growing in popularity.
- Plastic is in. Gone are the days of women turning mainly to metal frames. Instead, those made of plastic are more popular than ever before. Not only are these comfortable to wear on a daily basis, but they are also durable enough to last a very long time. Of course, these benefits do not compare to the fact that plastic is quite stylish.
- Large is making a comeback. The size of the frame that you buy will be based largely on your face. That being said, large frames are making a big comeback. More women than ever are making a statement with oversized frames. Combine these with a bright color and it is easy to see why so many women are excited about wearing glasses. Is there any better way of standing out?
What to Watch for in 2013
As the year continues to wear on, the eyeglass industry will begin to take shape. You can expect a lot during 2013. Keep an eye out for the following:
- Even more colors. As long as women continue to show that they are interested in colored frames, manufacturers will keep up with the demand. Don’t be surprised if you come across more “crazy” colors than ever before. How would you look in electric blue or hot pink?
- Professional is in. For many women, looking good is only part of their decision. They must also find frames that give them a professional appearance. Expect these designs to grow throughout the summer of 2013 and into the fall.
- Clean and simple. Yes, the younger generation is looking for glasses that allow them to stand out. But this does not hold true across the board. Many people, especially those in the older age brackets, are more interested in clean and simple frames that give them a distinguished look.
Female Celebrities Who Wear Glasses
Think you are the only one wearing glasses? Try again! There are hundreds of female celebrities who wear eyeglasses. And guess what? They look good while doing it! Here is a short list of some of the most popular celebrities who sport glasses on a regular basis:
- Alicia Keys
- Katherine Heigl
- Meryl Streep
- Mandy Moore
- Megan Fox
- Julia Roberts
- Leighton Meester
- Jenny McCarthy
- Demi Moore
- Alyssa Milano
Which frames are you going to decide on? Now that you know which trends are hot this year, you can make a confident decision that will bring out the best in you!
- International Buyers
- About Us
- Buying Eyeglasses & Sunglasses Online
- Choosing / Comparering Eyeglasses Oniine
- Glasses For Kids
- Glasses for Women & Men
- Eyeglass Frame Colors, Materials & Styles
- Frame & Lens Types
- Measuring Pupillary Distance
- Return Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Contact Us
- Site Map